Activity Focus: Debating
As you are probably looking for some extracurricular activities to fill up your free time why not look into joining the Debating Team? Debating develops effective and concise public speaking skills as well as teaching you how to think critically under pressure; two of the most crucial life skills there are! Furthermore actively focussing on practicing your language skills on a wide range of topics will really help you to reach an advanced level of English in a short time.
Some of the other advantages of joining the debating team include;
- Helping you to be able to develop sound and logical arguments a vital skill for many aspects of your education including essay writing.
- Teaching you to research both sides of an argument as you prepare to defend against counter-arguments that your opposition may have.
- Making an impressive addition to your college application or CV.
- Increasing your confidence and helping you to feel comfortable speaking in front of large crowds of people.
- Helping you to develop persuasive skills that will be valuable in all aspects of your life.
As you can see from the above, participating in this great activity will be a great asset to your future life/career whether it be making a strong and persuasive presentation to work colleagues/clientele or feeling comfortable and composed while making speeches at family/public events such weddings.
If you would like to learn more about your local debating team why not ask your school/university or if you would like to talk to us about this or any other activities emails us at email@example.com