The majority are independent boarding schools, however not all have boarding facilities, some are independent day schools. When choosing from the independent day schools and independent boarding schools in the UK, it’s important to choose very carefully, taking all factors into consideration, for example fees charged, location and future prospects.
Our team can advise anyone who needs help deciding which school is right for them. If you would like assistance with your applications to independent day schools and independent boarding schools in the UK, please contact us with your requirements.
Reasons why parents from the UK and overseas choose to send their children to independent boarding schools in the UK include:
- High exam success rate
- Higher standard of education
- Up-to-date teaching methods
- Small classes
- Wide choice of subjects
- Wide range of sports and social activities
- Excellent facilities
- Wider choice of qualifications (for example, some independent schools offer IGCSE’s instead of GCSEs, and/or International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB) instead of A Levels)
- Education from an early age (some pre-prep schools start as young as 4)
- Specialist schools for children with extraordinary educational requirements
- Character-building environment
There are four stages in the independent boarding school education system:
Some international students wishing to study in the UK may require additional help with their English language before progressing to A level or International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB). In this case, they may be required to take a pre-A Level Course.
This map shows the majority of independent day and boarding schools in the UK that we work with…
Bootham School www.boothamschool.com
Caterham School www.caterhamschool.co.uk
Rastrick School www.rastrick-independent.co.uk