Summer schools in the UK are run exclusively for international students. They involve a programme of English classes, sports, educational activities and excursions, followed by evening activities and outings. One of the many benefits of a summer school is that English lessons do not stop when lessons do. As well as taking English classes during the day, you carry on learning and practising English during social activities, free time and meal times.
Summer schools in the UK are designed to be interesting and thought-provoking as well as enjoyable and entertaining. They offer you a range of experiences with no time to be homesick or bored. Courses are usually held in residential boarding schools when the pupils have returned home for the summer.For many international students attending a summer course is also a great way of seeing what life is like at boarding schools in the UK before committing to an independent school, or for older students to learn more about studying in the UK before joining university.
There are many different types of summer course available for individuals or groups, and we will do our utmost to help you find one to suit your needs. Contact us with your requirements or for more information.
Reasons to attend a summer school or course
- They are a great place to make new friends
- The teachers are helpful and experienced
- You will have the chance to improve your English skills and grades
- For students new to boarding, the experience is a good insight into what boarding will be like
- You can develop academic skills
- There are trips to London, York and other famous cities
- There are recreational and sport activities
If you would like assistance with your applications to summer schools in the UK, please contact us with your requirements.