It has been an interesting week in the UK and Study Links whilst we battle with the effects of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and its effects on the education system in the UK, and travel industry worldwide.
- On Wednesday 18th March 2020, the UK Government has enforced all state schools to close except for children of ‘key workers’.
- On Friday 20th March 2020, independent boarding schools have been advised to close, and so many are doing so. Each school is making an individual decision on whether to enforce closure for international boarders.
We have been working 24/7 to ensure our students have reliable, up-to-date information so that their families can make informed decisions about what is right for them.
- Many students have now safely returned home.
- Many others are waiting to return home.
- A small number are choosing to remain in the UK for the foreseeable future.
THANK YOU to all our students, parents, agents, schools and homestays for working with us during this unusual time.
By remaining calm and determined, we have managed to find a solution for all our students’ unique requirements.
We have been immensely proud of the fantastic network we have, who have stepped up in ensuring our students are treated with the care and attention that they absolutely need right now.
All our network have been receiving regular communication throughout the past few months, letting them know of updates related to them. This will continue throughout the COVID-19 situation.
Our guardianship support continues for our students, to ensure they reach their full potential whilst distance learning and until the situation is resolved.
We are here to help!
If you need any assistance related to COVID-19, please contact us on 01274 679710, or [email protected]
With best wishes and good health,
The Study Links team