New Job Vacancy
Homestay and Transport Organiser
Study Links is a thriving family business based in Yorkshire, in the North of England. Acting as Guardians for international children studying at school in the UK, we help children with life in the UK and keep parents informed, arranging accommodation with caring English host families and assisting with travel and accommodation for parents when they visit. We are a very caring and very professional business.
Scope and Remit
- To arrange and manage appropriate homestay for our students, ensuring all their needs are met and that there is a smooth transition.
- To select and match appropriate students to appropriate Homestay (Host) families to ensure a smooth transition and ongoing welcome for students.
- Organise homestay accommodation for overseas students with UK families; (short and long term placements)
- Keep an accurate record of all bookings on Salesforce database.
- Book transport; (flights, taxi, private transport, public transport) – national and international
- To monitor and liaise with homestay families providing advice, support and information regarding hosting international students, as and when required.
- Understand the needs of the students and your homestays, and working with your team to ensure both clients (students and parents) and suppliers (homestays) are taken into account equally.
- Liaise with Finance to ensure reimbursements are made i.e. homestay expense claims.
- On occasion you may:
- be required to vet families for suitability (visiting families to check safety and hygiene of accommodation, friendliness of families, processing applications)
- need to make home visits to Homestay families to assess family situations and facilities to ensure the welfare of children to be placed.
- Provide reports of visits to the Line Manager.
- To operate the 24 hour emergency phone line at regular agreed times on a rota basis, to ensure student safety and provide support “out of hours” – for both student and homestays in emergencies
- Administrative tasks such as data entry, distributing mail and assisting with basic bookkeeping tasks.
- Answer phone calls from our clients, prospective clients and suppliers and resolve or pass on queries as appropriate. Promote and encourage homestay referral schemes amongst our existing families.
- Must take the emergency phone on a rotation basis (with one other) during term time (including weekdays and weekends).Any calls taken during this time, and the consequent time spent dealing with these issues should be noted on the monthly timesheet, and will then be paid.
- In addition to the elements in this job description, this role may also include other duties as required by Study Links.
Knowledge, training and experience required
- Proven administration skills and experience.
- Previous experience of dealing with escalated queries.
- Proactive approach.
- Enthusiastic with a professional work ethos.
- Experience with other cultures.
- Technology competent.
- Driving licence.
- DBS Checked.
- A professional telephone manner with proactive approach to building long standing relationship with homestay families.
- Calm under pressure and the ability to deal well with conflicts.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to Mediate.
- Competent in the use of all Microsoft packages
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Is very confident and assured.
- Willing to fully engage with students and fulfil their needs.
- Passionate and willing to provide exceptional levels of customer service.
- Excellent time management, administration and organisational skills.
- Possess confident and articulate verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle pressure efficiently.
- Exceptional telephone manner with a proactive approach to dealing with queries.
- Dedicated to building a rapport and a trusting relationship with students, parents, agents and schools, with individuals from all cultures.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work, with the capability to think on your feet and adapt to unexpected situations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a keen eye for alternative solutions.
- Immaculate attention to detail.
- To have commercial awareness – appreciating the needs of a small business.
- To demonstrate commitment and passion to the company.
- Able to takes ownership and accountability.
- Shares resources and exchanges ideas.
- Own transport with required insurance, and a full driving license (for use in emergencies).
- Experience of using Salesforce.
- First Aid Experience.
- Bringing creative ideas and forward thinking.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £18,000.00 /year
Study Links are looking to renovate our office.
Our 2-storey office requires full refurbishment internally, with added security measures externally. In addition, the ICT needs upgrading to support our future growth and to bring us into the 21st century.
The building interior requires changing from multiple small offices to a more open-plan feel, in order to better aid communication within the team, and to create a more welcoming work-space for colleagues and visitors.
Any design needs to be mindful of acoustics, adequate space to work comfortably at one’s desk, and break-out areas conducive for team discussions.
The design needs to incorporate areas suitable for full team meetings (up to 20 staff) including use of a projector, video-conferencing facilities, and at least one area for private discussion 1-2-1.
For safety, the bell-ringing system to enter the building needs reviewing, as does the external walls.
To allow flexi and remote working, all staff need laptop and associated equipment (docking stations, wireless keyboard/mice), fast internet connection, and suitable telephony equipment, etc.
The CCTV of the building needs upgrading to ensure security.
(A detailed specification can be available upon request)
Contract Start: 4th Feb 2019
Contract End: 25th March 2019
Application close date: Tuesday 29th January 2019
All requests and quotes should be sent to: Ailie Fan, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01274 679710
This opportunity is subject to the approval of funding by the Strategic Business growth Programme which is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
- 20% Approach to the work
- 20% Ability to meet timescales
- 20% Can they provide furniture?
- 20% Offer design advice on “finishes”
- 20% Can they satisfy company vision?